Target Darts.

DECO DARTBOARD w/wires
Found another Deco Dartboard. This one has a very rare look because it actually has wires on it. First one i have seen.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.DECO DARTBOARD - with wires by markbrindza, on Flickr

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.DECO - w/wires by markbrindza, on Flickr
My Dart and Dartboard Collection - www.flickr.com/photos/dart-dartboard/

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Thats really cool mate. Whats the story behind that or those boards?

Deco was an American Style dartboard manufacturer located in Philadelphia Pennsylvania that started back in the 1920's. Most were made of wood and painted with a stencil. No wires. I have many of these style boards but this one was the first I have seen with wires. There is currently one on ebay that is similar with wires asking $125.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Very cool. The way the wires meet at the bull, double, and treble is neater that most wired bristle boards today.
(08-07-2014, 03:13 AM)dartbord Wrote: Deco was an American Style dartboard manufacturer located in Philadelphia Pennsylvania that started back in the 1920's. Most were made of wood and painted with a stencil. No wires. I have many of these style boards but this one was the first I have seen with wires. There is currently one on ebay that is similar with wires asking $125.

Nice, thats a good find then. Your not going to sell though are you? Be a shame since its got the wires. It would be interesting to know if Deco did produce some with wires or if its a previous owners mod.

nice find, wonder if that was an experimental version?
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Nice board mate
Of all the Deco boards I have this is the only one I have seen with the wires added. The dividers are painted on in the stencil with this design. The Base Wood boards that they made have the wires imbedded into the wood. This board was made of plywood so it could have been an experiment. The white color is unusual as well. They normally are painted yellow.

much more of a talking point to have hanging than a water colour or some other view painting, that's really cool.
Good find
Current Board 
ONE80 Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore  charcoal flights and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DECO CARD GAME DARTBOARD dartbord 2 1,682 05-26-2015, 09:09 AM
Last Post: Getagrip
  RARE ROUND DECO DARTBOARD dartbord 5 4,282 10-18-2013, 12:44 AM
Last Post: dartbord