Shot Darts

Settle Down!
Well, well, well I think maybe I’ve now seen it all ... Russ Bray telling the handful of spectators to be quiet when players are throwing at the International Darts Open, during the recent Suljovic match.

How ironic can it get? After all these years of having to watch the PDC circus who have been actively encouraging the dress-up clowns to do what the hell they like and create absolute bedlam at tournaments. Now their saying “C’mon gents their trying to concentrate Shhhhhh!”

What we’ve been witnessing over the past few months is just how noise affects players performances  some desperately need the shouts and screams to get in their groove. Whilst many more do far better without the pissed-up disrespectful yelling of hundreds of BOOFHEADS. 

As result of the absence of even the synthetic crowd noises, many matches are becoming unexpectedly closer and far more entertaining. However the best part for me is watching the sheer volume of spectacular finishes.

Cheers
Dorian
Son of Merlin

Caerleon - Wales

(Monster "Milkman" - 22.4Gm, Smooth Gold Points 36mm, Yellow Kite Shape Flights 100 micron & Solid Brass Stems)

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My father Merlin, once told me that "You should end up pointing to what you were aiming at when you've released the Dart."

(10-26-2020, 07:04 PM)Dorian Wrote: Well, well, well I think maybe I’ve now seen it all ... Russ Bray telling the handful of spectators to be quiet when players are throwing at the International Darts Open, during the recent Suljovic match.

How ironic can it get? After all these years of having to watch the PDC circus who have been actively encouraging the dress-up clowns to do what the hell they like and create absolute bedlam at tournaments. Now their saying “C’mon gents their trying to concentrate Shhhhhh!”

What we’ve been witnessing over the past few months is just how noise affects players performances  some desperately need the shouts and screams to get in their groove. Whilst many more do far better without the pissed-up disrespectful yelling of hundreds of BOOFHEADS. 

As result of the absence of even the synthetic crowd noises, many matches are becoming unexpectedly closer and far more entertaining. However the best part for me is watching the sheer volume of spectacular finishes.

Cheers

The 100+ finishing has been jaw dropping for sure and the two treble outs mean just because a player is on a double doesn’t mean a leg win is a certainty.
The lower ranked players are just fearless too!
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. 
Current Board 
ONE80 Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore  charcoal flights and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average
I can understand the spectators wanting to have a bit of fun, but some of these darting events are an awful lot like watching WWF wrestling.
If you know what I'm doing, don't tell me .... I find bliss in my confusion.
On the same note in golf you can see how the players do when they aren’t playing “to” the crowd. It’s more about the game than the marketing, no one shouting “you da man” crap and so on.
Well it was more to do with a small crowd & someone whistling which made it stand out more, it`s different when you have 1000`s cheering & caring on to maybe less then a 100, you can tell a few times one person would stand out during the match as it was pretty quiet
Crusher is right, when hundreds or thousands are chanting , it’s vastly different then some idiot whistling during someone’s draw back when it’s otherwise quiet, I find the crowds in Europe behave like idiots.
It's not just our Euro brothers and sisters in a crowd. It's 2020 rolled all into a mess for people to lose control and have good excuses for all.
There’s just always a chance for folks to act like idiots when they’re in large crowds no matter where you’re from. 1 bad actor as they say
Some comments I've come across also make me go "Well, what do these guys want?"

Let me explain. There's one side of the coin, most of us really, who hate the bellends who disturb a darts game, or them hooligans at Ally Pally dressed as lobsters and barmaidens.

Then there's the other side of the coin, example being the World Series events in Shanghai. The crowds there watch the games intently, its nearly silent in the venue. And what do these goofs say, "These crowds are so boring. Not like us having fun at Ally Pally. PDC should never hold events in China again!" Those nitwits... At Ally Pally, you'd be too drunk to know if Toni Alcinas was leading 2 sets against MVG for all I know.

It's like we can never find the right balance... Though personally, I wouldn't mind competing in Shanghai or in most Asian countries, because the spectators respect and watch the game with great intent. Not to mention, they don't jeer someone because they don't want them to win, like an MVG.

I hope I'm not going to cause a storm by saying it though. I would love to go to the Ally Pally someday but, that atmosphere I see year after year gets kind of worse and worse...
Current Dart in Use: Quantum Darts Paradox 17.5gm
I MUCH prefer to watch and enjoy darts without all the neanderthals screaming, shouting, crying, bawling, cheering, and booing. Beforehand I used to only watch darts to pick up tips, and when I watch it now i find that I can actually enjoy the game for the pleasure of watching two sportspeople battle it out. The geniuses that run the PDC don't seem to understand sport at all, and they can't comprehend that the crowds are a painful distraction that takes way from the sport, not adds to it.
(10-27-2020, 01:28 AM)Dutcho Wrote: On the same note in golf you can see how the players do when they aren’t playing “to” the crowd. It’s more about the game than the marketing, no one shouting “you da man” crap and so on.

"GET IN THE HOLE"

On the 575yd Par 5, laying up with a 3 wood.

B: 23g   S: Tweenie   F: Shape   180s: 2/25
(10-28-2020, 03:26 PM)jt4527 Wrote:
(10-27-2020, 01:28 AM)Dutcho Wrote: On the same note in golf you can see how the players do when they aren’t playing “to” the crowd.  It’s more about the game than the marketing, no one shouting “you da man” crap and so on.

"GET IN THE HOLE"

On the 575yd Par 5, laying up with a 3 wood.
Ha yeah!  I actually had someone do something similar to me once. The course had 2 holes share the same championship tee 2nd hole was par 4 and 17th hole was par 3. Needless to say I’m playing #2 and dude shouts get in the hole on my tee shot!  Ahem, your village called....

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Settle a wee debate... Stevieb91 13 748 12-22-2019, 05:51 PM
Last Post: Stevieb91
  CBD to settle nerves? blacko 24 1,068 10-14-2019, 01:26 PM
Last Post: Bosbar