Japanese Quality Darts and Dart Accessories shop.

One80 R2 Reaim 25g review
Background:
I get a lot of bounce outs so bought some secondhand one80 R2 Rebels with the 1.5mm reflex points. I really liked those but wanted a slightly heavier and grippier barrel and the only option was a R2 dart with 2mm points, the thought was to get these and swap the points with the 1.5mm ones. DC were doing a fiver off if you filled in a survey so I took the plunge and paid a not inconsiderable £55 for these.
Packaging:
Nice quality, darts come with short, clear polycarbonate stems, standard size flights and a tool for tightening and loosening the nose uGuests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Darts:
Straight barrelled, ring grip which is what I like. The grip is a high middle level I would say, similar to my designa dark thunders. There is some micro grip right at the back of the dart, about 10mm long that I would say is a low grip level.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

They are a long dart at over 55mm and I found with my usual set up of short stems and standard flights They would land tail down rather than my usual perpendicular to the board. A quick change to extra short stems sorted this.
They are 6.9mm thick which for me is a perfect diameter. 

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Million dollar question - can you interchange the points with the 1.5mm reflex points?
Yes and no.
You can remove the 1.5mm points and put them into the Reaim darts but you can’t just swap over the nose cones as the threads have a different diameter. This was a bit of a surprise and a bit disappointing too as I’m not sure the logic behind having different thread diameters.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

How do they fly
I really like these darts but. Initially the nose cones would work loose every few throws which was really annoying. That wasn’t something I had experienced at all with the 1.5mm rebel darts so I removed the thread and added some clear nail varnish. That has sorted the problem perfectly, though not ideal when paying £60.
There is a slight twang when the darts land in the board due to the flexible points (but far more when you put the 1.5mm points in). I have certainly noticed a significant reduction in the number of bounce outs I get from darts hitting each other on the way to the board.
This is how they land in the board for me. Not bad for the first throw of the day at 8am sunday morning, the last dart being the single 20.
Sorry about the photos, I’m no David Bailey. I’ll do a review of the one80 rebel R2 1.5mm reflex if anyone wants.
Thanks
James
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Darts:One80 R2 rebel, harrows atomic or designa dark thunder 24g
Stems: harrows supergrip 
Flights: harrows marathon
Board: blade 5
Lighting: unicorn solar flare
Highest out:158
Best leg: 13
I quite like the ReFlex points but haven't yet taken the plunge with the R2 darts. It does seem strange having different diameters for the nose cones - I would have thought it would be better having one thread size with several different styles of nose cone available to purchase on their own, then you could work out which one suits you best in the same way you test out flights and stems.

Thanks for the review, have already added it to the review index Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Nice review.

Good looking darts too, although I find the lack of interchangeability of the nose cones a bit mean.
Disappointing from one80.
(10-25-2020, 09:48 AM)21/41 Wrote: Sorry about the photos, I’m no David Bailey. I’ll do a review of the one80 rebel R2 1.5mm reflex if anyone wants.
Thanks
James

Yes please
Ok will do. Just waiting for some replacement points to come from DC. The only One80 reflex points available in the uk are 1.2mm. They (DC and A180) tell me they are the points used on the 1.5mm reflex darts but I’m sceptical as I measured the points and they’re bang on 1.5mm so we will see. Otherwise I’ll have to get them from Germany where they do advertise them as 1.5mm points. I emailed one80 over a week ago to get clarification but heard nothing back. A bit poor by them
Darts:One80 R2 rebel, harrows atomic or designa dark thunder 24g
Stems: harrows supergrip 
Flights: harrows marathon
Board: blade 5
Lighting: unicorn solar flare
Highest out:158
Best leg: 13
Good review +1
Thanks for the review Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

B: 22g   S: Tweenie   F: Shape   180s: 2/25

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  One80 Rebel 24g review 21/41 5 166 10-27-2020, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Darty
  One80 Reptile 24g with Revolution 2 changeabel points darts review Getagrip 60 18,466 02-13-2020, 04:11 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  One80 - Scott Kirchner - 22g - Review vanJupp 10 1,095 11-30-2019, 05:08 PM
Last Post: Sowatt
  One80 - Nighthunter Sting - 24g - Review vanJupp 39 6,262 03-05-2019, 01:22 AM
Last Post: Mac-attack99
  One80 - Peter Machin - 23g - Review vanJupp 22 3,540 01-08-2019, 11:15 PM
Last Post: Sultan Pepper
  One80 - Thanawat 23g - Review vanJupp 12 1,704 11-20-2018, 08:17 PM
Last Post: cubdog
  One80 Chameleon Coral 24g Darts Review Getagrip 26 18,284 11-12-2018, 06:10 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  One80 Re-Flex Reactive 24g darts review Getagrip 42 23,483 06-26-2018, 06:39 PM
Last Post: GPage64
  One80 Cutlass Review: The Rear Grippers Dream Dart Cankles of Fury 73 40,883 03-24-2018, 06:42 PM
Last Post: Twenty-one
  One80 Regulator 20g darts review Ryk 4 1,746 03-22-2018, 07:42 PM
Last Post: 055