I have spent too much on darts
Wink 
Hello Everyone,

I am new to this forum, but I finally joined since I have found so much useful information on it. I have been playing darts since I was a kid. I got really into it about 5 years ago then I got better than all my friends and family and they wouldn't play anymore. Then, I stopped playing until about two months ago... I thought it would just come back to me. It has not. Or, maybe I only remember the good nights...... I swear it feels like i have never thrown. For the record, I was never really that good, just good enough to beat my buddies when they needed it.

Anyway, that is a little about me. I am glad all of you participate in this forum and that it even exists. This time around I think I will find and join a league instead of just quitting throwing when my friends don't want to play.

Cheers,
Terry
Welcome to the forum
Hi Terry and welcome aboard
Hi Terry and welcome to the group. Lots of the same people on here as you, spending lots of hard earned cash on a sport that drives us all into a frenzy at times. Ain't it great?!
Welcome Terry. Define ‘too much’... some of us here might make you feel a lot better, lol.
'[Image: uBd7OCT.png]
Hello Terry, welcome to the forums Smile
[Image: 5GPKrWp.png]

B: 22g   S: Tweenie   F: Shape   180s: 2/25
Welcome aboard - Those old skills you have are just there - just waiting for you to brush the cobwebs off - trick is not to over think it - the muscle memory will return with some light practice - One tip I've heard was to start playing when you are pretty tired and zonked out.
Ryk is currently using:-
 鈴木 未来  Jadeite 24g
::  L-Shaft Locked Slim 300 Emerald :: Metal Champagne Ring Aqua :: - L-Flight Dimple Solid Emerald  :: Winmau Blade 6 ::
Welcome Terry!

cheers...
(08-05-2020, 03:30 AM)guywholikesdarts Wrote: Hello Everyone,

I am new to this forum, but I finally joined since I have found so much useful information on it. I have been playing darts since I was a kid. I got really into it about 5 years ago then I got better than all my friends and family and they wouldn't play anymore. Then, I stopped playing until about two months ago... I thought it would just come back to me. It has not. Or, maybe I only remember the good nights...... I swear it feels like i have never thrown. For the record, I was never really that good, just good enough to beat my buddies when they needed it.

Anyway, that is a little about me. I am glad all of you participate in this forum and that it even exists. This time around I think I will find and join a league instead of just quitting throwing when my friends don't want to play.

Cheers,
Terry
Welcome mate im new to i gave up on darts for few years and just got back into it reasantly my darts was all over the place but i been keeping at it and im starting to get my old rythem back higher scores starting come i starting to hit my doubles .as advised just keep practicing and have faith in your throw its working for me so hopefully it should for you we all going be rusty after long lay off just keep at it and your old rythem will find you and will build from there and continue to improve best of luck and enjoy
Welcome along Terry,
DARTS-Unicorn Taylor Phase 5 / Target Gen1 26g
SHAFTS-Unicorn Gripper 4 Elements (short)
FLIGHTS-Unicorn Chris Dobey Big Wing 100g Micron
BOARD-Winmau blade 5 dual core
BOARD-Winmau Diamond (for practice)
BOARD-unicorn eclipse HD trainer board (for a laugh)
SET UP-Wall mounted cabinet
HA'WAY THE TOON  Smile

[Image: ZL8JXbT.png]
Welcome to the forum and may the darts be with you
(08-05-2020, 03:30 AM)guywholikesdarts Wrote: ....

This time around I think I will find and join a league instead of just quitting throwing when my friends don't want to play.

That's what I did 21 years ago. Hope you'll find a league or tournaments soon too.

Welcome to the forum.
Hello and welcome.
Yes its me, I checked in the mirror. 

Current throwing weights of 18 to 24 grams.

Current darts set up :- 23 gram, darts clearance (no name scalloped darts) with a 50 mm barrel, 41 mm nylon shafts + standard flights.
OK, let's do a quick financial check. Is the rent being paid, how about utilities, food on the table?, entertainment covered, money for a few pints????

If yes to all, then you're good.

And as far as beating your friends, I know the feeling. I have to go to bars that have league teams that play in the higher divisions of our local league to find games that will push me. If I walk out with a 50/50 win/loss on the night, I'm happy since I haven't played league darts since 2013.

Nights I get my butt handed to me only motivate me to practice more.
gumbo2176
Hi Terry, welcome to the forum.
If you know what I'm doing, don't tell me .... I find bliss in my confusion.