Harrows Darts.

Winter,summer or all year round.
My mate is adamant darts is more of a winter game. According to him people play more in winter because there is less things to do in winter. 
Got me thinking yes I probably do play more in the winter. Although I do play almost all year round.

So is he right do you play more in winter or are you a all year round player.
I play all year around, i know alot more play Winter Leagues, especially in my area you dont want to be outside as much, but i think summer leagues have picked up alot more in recent years
I play pretty much all year around, but in the summer, my fishing pole wants equal time. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
If you know what I'm doing, don't tell me .... I find bliss in my confusion.
I'm in front of the board at least a few days a week year round, unless I'm traveling. I stretch out the routines longer in the winter if I don't feel like going out in the wet.
We have league play year round in one league, two leagues take summer off, about 2 months. Otherwise its regular season, league tourney, party, and start again!
I appreciate a short break in league play, but at home I play day in and day out all year.
I have only been for a little over a year, but I have thrown that entire year so far. I will probably play more a bit more in the winter, but I try to throw for an hour a day regardless.
Started playing September 2018

Board - Winmau - Blade 5 Dual Core
Match Darts - Target Agora A05 Swiss Point (Supergrip shafts, Retina flights)
Other Sets - a whole bunch of Ando's and almost every set of MVGs.  Too many to list.

Best 501 game - 12 (steel tip - 180, 140, 81, 100 (20, T20, D10))
Number of 180s - 2018 = 5; 2019 = 38; 2020 = 104 Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.  2021 = 5
Highest checkout - 167
Much more in the winter. Warm weather is for golf Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Short answer, for me, I will play more this winter.

I am still working full time in a physically demanding trade so any energy left after work, I am cooking supper and lying in bed hahaha. With 10-25 minutes at the board before bed .

I started oct 2018 @ end of my work season , and I played flat out until April-may when work picked up again.

And same for this year now approaching.

I played a fair bit this non winter season, they call it summer but I wouldn’t , lol, but I would consider what my playing consists of during summer months is more, practicing and keeping up with my form and developing my skills.still as a budding darter

With my full time businesses season ending , I will be planning on playing pub tournaments , and working on my finishing game , consistency and confidence (anxiety) and hopefully then be ready to join and start a team with a friend who plays incredibly well.

I think if you are a dart player, you’ll play all year round regardless...from my understanding though, a lot of people play leagues which start in fall. All through winter until maybe spring at latest, then choosing to play whatever’s on the go the summer s night a week or what not.
(11-12-2019, 12:56 AM)Borisbbadd Wrote: I play pretty much all year around, but in the summer, my fishing pole wants equal time. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Gotta get the rod wet but that’s also a all year round thing for me.

(11-12-2019, 03:08 AM)Tgstan Wrote: Much more in the winter. Warm weather is for golf Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Warm weather a few cans and some smoke perfect round. Unfortunately after my health probs the golf is now a thing of the past.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Darting Around The Port (Cup First Round 2020) Roger Bleasdale 0 138 01-12-2020, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Roger Bleasdale
  Darting Around The Port (Summer League week 7) Roger Bleasdale 1 161 07-07-2019, 03:22 PM
Last Post: nixer55
  Darting Around The Port (Summer League 2019) Roger Bleasdale 0 263 07-02-2019, 11:59 AM
Last Post: Roger Bleasdale
  Personal Best Cricket Round (soft tip) cgolf 8 636 01-25-2019, 08:02 PM
Last Post: theblindPew
  A look round the Harrows Darts Factory Getagrip 13 1,367 11-09-2018, 10:44 AM
Last Post: Getagrip
  One80 Summer Launch coming soon mc1958 41 6,151 09-27-2018, 10:52 AM
Last Post: mc1958
  DartsNutz Quiz Round 3 (The Answers) The Jester 18 1,161 08-24-2018, 04:06 AM
Last Post: Banz
  Round and round we go! Mortal ankle 3 657 01-25-2018, 03:12 PM
Last Post: Getagrip