Darts Buddy

VERY OLD APEX DARTBOARD MINT CONDITION
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.APEX DARTBOARD - BOXED,DARTS - MINT CONDITION by markbrindza, on FlickrGuests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.APEX DARTBOARD - MINT CONDITION by markbrindza, on FlickrGuests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.OLD USED vs OLD MINT by markbrindza, on Flickr

Made a big score on this one. This dartboard is in mint condition and came in its original box. The wires are made of copper and some you can still see the copper finish. This style board was made during the 1920-40's. In the last photo I show another board I have that is well used for comparison.
My Dart and Dartboard Collection - www.flickr.com/photos/dart-dartboard/

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Wow!!! That's amazing!! Original box and all.
Pretty cool congrats on that score
How the hell does one go about finding such things? Great find my friend. Unbelievable that it has survived this long with so little wear and tear just from sitting around somewhere.
I do get lucky sometimes. I was shocked at the condition. The fact that some of the wires are not corroded and still have there copper shine. Amazing!
This is one of the oldest dartboards I own. I showed it to the owner of Apex and he said he has never seen one in mint condition. He tried to look back in some of their records to see the last time they sold this model. It was before the 1950's. He did find pricing at $1.50 a dozen.Back in the very early days the record keeping was not to exact. No dates on any brochures.

There were also three darts in the box. Still in perfect condition with the striped turkey feathers. (You can get a glimpse in the first photo). These darts are the No.2 darts which are the larger size(7-3/4" long) rather than the standard No.1 which are 5-1/2" long.
My Dart and Dartboard Collection - www.flickr.com/photos/dart-dartboard/

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
WOW!Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(08-30-2015, 09:15 PM)dartbord Wrote: [Image: https://farm1.staticflickr.com/300/20449...5ed4_c.jpg]APEX DARTBOARD - BOXED,DARTS - MINT CONDITION by markbrindza, on Flickr[Image: https://farm1.staticflickr.com/403/20449...ce74_c.jpg]APEX DARTBOARD - MINT CONDITION by markbrindza, on Flickr[Image: https://farm1.staticflickr.com/559/20449...17e9_c.jpg]OLD USED vs OLD MINT by markbrindza, on Flickr

Made a big score on this one. This dartboard is in mint condition and came in its original box. The wires are made of copper and some you can still see the copper finish. This style board was made during the 1920-40's. In the last photo I show another board I have that is well used for comparison.

Looks like an early design for a Sega Soft-Tip board they were planning on selling them in Yorkshire Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Dorian
Son of Merlin

Caerleon - Wales

(Monster "Milkman" - 22.4Gm, Smooth Gold Points 36mm, Yellow Kite Shape Flights 100 micron & Solid Brass Stems)

My father Merlin, once told me that "You should end up pointing to what you were aiming at when you've released the Dart."

Thats awesome! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

I think that's what my dad played on when he started playing darts in 1960 Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
may all the doubles be with you

Love it, looks like something out of the court of King Henry VIII - great find Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Amazing, I couldn't imagine buying anything, to not use it.
Very very nice!
(08-30-2015, 09:15 PM)dartbord Wrote: [Image: https://farm1.staticflickr.com/300/20449...5ed4_c.jpg]APEX DARTBOARD - BOXED,DARTS - MINT CONDITION by markbrindza, on Flickr[Image: https://farm1.staticflickr.com/403/20449...ce74_c.jpg]APEX DARTBOARD - MINT CONDITION by markbrindza, on Flickr[Image: https://farm1.staticflickr.com/559/20449...17e9_c.jpg]OLD USED vs OLD MINT by markbrindza, on Flickr

Obviously a 'Soft Tip' prototype board  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Cheers
Dorian
Son of Merlin

Caerleon - Wales

(Monster "Milkman" - 22.4Gm, Smooth Gold Points 36mm, Yellow Kite Shape Flights 100 micron & Solid Brass Stems)

My father Merlin, once told me that "You should end up pointing to what you were aiming at when you've released the Dart."