Target Darts Problem
So I have been using Targets Distinction Orion however a point snapped and left some of it in the barrel  however I did manage to put another point back in but it is slightly longer than the other two points because of the broken point so would it be a big problem/big difference if one point is slightly longer.  Another issue is target have stopped selling Distinctions so should I just switch and maybe get some Ade Lewis Pixels ??
I would get in touch with Custom Made Darts, for example. They can most likely drill out the broken point: https://custommadedarts.com/collections/...darts-aspx. The Orion are still widely sold in the Netherlands as well (assuming I've got the right model in front of me), so if you don't mind paying up, getting one shipped from here is also a possibility.
The Joker

[Image: VllXVYH.png]

MIKURU G2 "THE MIRACLE" SP

Yea I think I will do that what Darts store sells them in Netherlands??
(02-25-2020, 11:36 PM)DAVEISTHENAME Wrote: Yea I think I will do that what Darts store sells them in Netherlands??

EDIT: my bad. I thought it was about the Orion Pixel, sorry!
The Joker

(02-25-2020, 11:44 PM)IYoungStarDC Wrote:
(02-25-2020, 11:36 PM)DAVEISTHENAME Wrote: Yea I think I will do that what Darts store sells them in Netherlands??

It is mate it’s ok I’ve found a store in Netherlands .
Target repoint darts for free, you need proof of purchase and you have to send them all three barrels, they repaired my Daytona’s after one of my points snapped off inside the barrel.
(02-25-2020, 11:24 PM)DAVEISTHENAME Wrote: So I have been using Targets Distinction Orion however a point snapped and left some of it in the barrel  however I did manage to put another point back in but it is slightly longer than the other two points because of the broken point so would it be a big problem/big difference if one point is slightly longer.  Another issue is target have stopped selling Distinctions so should I just switch and maybe get some Ade Lewis Pixels ??

You can also do the Alum in a beaker of hot water trick and let the alum eat the remaining point out of the barrel.   I had a Target Daytona dart point break off and it was broken flush with the face of the barrel.      I put alum in a 2 cup pyrex dish and placed that in a pot with water and set it on the stove to heat up.    You want the water hot, but not boiling, just a hot simmer.

It did take a while for the remaining point to finally be eaten away, but it does work and was way quicker than sending the darts back to Target across the big pond and wait for them to do the work and ship them back.

Others have also used regular vinegar to eat out broken points, but it takes considerably longer.

ETA: You could also just grind the point down to match the lengths of the two other darts you have. You can use a file, sander, grinding wheel, etc. to remove some of the length and reshape the point.
gumbo2176
Hi,
I wrote a walkthrough; so have a look at it if you want to try the alum method Smile

The ultimate guide: How to dissolve a broken point with alum
https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=38925
(02-25-2020, 11:55 PM)DAVEISTHENAME Wrote:
(02-25-2020, 11:44 PM)IYoungStarDC Wrote:

It is mate it’s ok I’ve found a store in Netherlands .

Ah, great!  Big Grin
The Joker

Bit of a long shot Dave but you could also check out the red dragon james hurrell Darts....they are a copy of the distinctions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Darts : GB 1 Madhouse Customs  (22g ), Medium Nylon stems , Standard Flights.
Soft Tip: 17g Dartsclearance Barrels,Medium Nylon Stems,Standard Flights,Target Pixel Tips.

Steel Board: winmau Blade 5
Soft Tip Board: Granboard Dash 

GranID: GazzaB82 
              (The Biscuit) 
www.custommadedarts.com  Moddarts

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pure darts - problem dannyd180 22 1,662 05-29-2018, 04:03 PM
Last Post: The G
  The Problem with Target Murphy180 37 2,829 02-25-2018, 09:25 PM
Last Post: Berlin180
  PT Gen 4 Darts - Problem!! GONKO 22 2,534 02-22-2018, 12:15 AM