Target Carrera v stream Darts
Hello!

I've been throwing the target v-stream line a lot lately.  The first one I bought was the 23 gram V2.  It's more of the straight barrel version, but is a bit long at 52 mm.  I like it though.  I liked it so much that I wanted to check out the v1 and v2 versions as well.  The v1 is a little bit more tapered.  Still quite a nice dart.  I bought that one in the 22 gram.  The v3 is a little bit of a short and chunky barrel.  I opted for the 23 gram as well.  Since I have had the version 1 first, I have thrown that the most.  It seems to me that the "v" grip wears quite quickly.  I didn't notice it as much until the other two sets arrived and I went to give them a toss.  I know these were modeled after the elysian 3 darts.  They are gorgeous darts.  I really like the feel, even though they are a bit thicker than what I would normally throw.  I guess I'm wondering if anyone else is throwing this line of darts and have you noticed the front v grip wearing quite fast?  I thought perhaps a good cleaning would help, but they still feel very worn compared to the new sets.
I have a set of V3 in 23g. I’ve always used straight barrels so can’t fully get used to these. I haven’t been using them exclusively and have been throwing a few different sets so can’t input much on the grip wearing down. I really can’t make my mind up on these darts. One day I like them and another day I’m not so sure. I like my darts to land horizontally but these land with the flight above the point (I guess this is what is known as ‘tail up’?) perhaps front weighted darts are not for me. That said, I’ve had some good sessions with them and thrown only my second ever 180 with them.

I got a 25g V2 as well but have since sold them. I thought I’d like the slightly longer front V grip section. I did but the overall length is just a bit long for me at 52mm, also 25g is just a tad too heavy for me. I’m not a massive fan of the split grip even though I do grip near the front. I dislike the fact that if I move my fingers back just a little, they’re partly on that rear section too
@jrod I am curious, putting aside the straight barrel V2 for now, how do the V1 and V3 models compare?

There is a very slight difference in dimension:
V1 (24g) is 51 x 7.1
V3 (23g) is 50 x 7.2
Other than that, how do those two models differ? All I can see from pics is that the rear part of the V1 appears to be slimmer than that of the V3. Is this the case, and what are your thoughts on both V1 & V3 models?

Going back to the V2, I think my dream version of these models would be the straight barrel V2 in 24g, at 50mm or less, with the front grip section going further back. At 52mm the V2's are just too long for me
Only had a very quick throw of the V2s i got today. Must say the grip is really unlike anything i've ever tried. If I rub my hand against it it feels kind of like a razor grip dart but when i'm holding the dart like normal it doesn't feel like that at all. I would say its a high grip, grippier than the carrera pixel and the purist type grip i usually go far.

I usually throw long straight barrel darts so the length is fine for me. Going to give these a good session over the weekend and see how I get on, will update here then.
(02-25-2020, 03:06 PM)Dave_79 Wrote: @jrod I am curious, putting aside the straight barrel V2 for now, how do the V1 and V3 models compare?

There is a very slight difference in dimension:
V1 (24g) is 51 x 7.1
V3 (23g) is 50 x 7.2
Other than that, how do those two models differ? All I can see from pics is that the rear part of the V1 appears to be slimmer than that of the V3. Is this the case, and what are your thoughts on both V1 & V3 models?

Going back to the V2, I think my dream version of these models would be the straight barrel V2 in 24g, at 50mm or less, with the front grip section going further back. At 52mm the V2's are just too long for me

Hello,

The v1 to me is a little more front loaded.  Indeed the rear is a bit slimmer than the front, and overall they are slimmer than the v3s.  They are shorter than the v2s and the v3s.  The grip is maybe just a little more aggressive in the ring section because the rings are deeper and wider than the v2 model.  I have the 22 gram set.  I like them, but I try to get my darts to come in fairly straight into the board, rather than tail up.  So, I don't think they will be the match darts.  The V3 model is a tad bit thicker.  I think this one is the grippiest of the three.  I felt this one sticking to my fingers the most.  It's not a bad throwing dart, but I have a hard time with darts that stick to my fingers.  

I agree.  Out of all three, I like the v2 the best.  I wish they were a little shorter as well.  It would be cool if maybe they went to say a 95% tungsten, and made them a tad thinner and shorter.  I sent a set back to Darts Corner and requested the 21 gram.  I'm interested in throwing them.  Still, I feel like that front grip wears down quickly.  I was looking for something that I was going to try to stick with for the long haul.  I got kind of spoiled with the Snakebite mamba 2 darts.  They are so thin and you can really get some great groups if you can control them.  Not a fan of the length though.  I'm not sure why the extra few millimeters make them wobble so much for me.
(02-26-2020, 12:08 AM)Ivefoundgod Wrote: Only had a very quick throw of the V2s i got today. Must say the grip is really unlike anything i've ever tried. If I rub my hand against it it feels kind of like a razor grip dart but when i'm holding the dart like normal it doesn't feel like that at all. I would say its a high grip, grippier than the carrera pixel and the purist type grip i usually go far.

I usually throw long straight barrel darts so the length is fine for me. Going to give these a good session over the weekend and see how I get on, will update here then.

Cool glad you like them!  I think they are nice darts.  Just concerned on the wearing of the front vstream grip.  If you throw them a lot, let me know what you think after awhile.  For me, I think after two weeks they started to feel a lot less grippy.
Had an hour or so throw tonight with them while watching the PL and...I think they might be too grippy for me Sad

Struggle to propel them towards the board with the same throw as my other sets. I think its due to my grip, i'm a middle/rear gripper so my thumb is resting just where the v-stream grip meets the rings and i'm not able to propel the dart forward like normal. It seems to stick to my middle finger while my thumb and pointer lose traction at the ring grip section. Hard to describe to be honest.

If i grip it a little further forward I don't have that issue so much but i find it cramped and unnatural like that. 

Anyway I'll have another session this weekend but I had a quick throw with my Anderson P3s afterwards and it was much more natural for me.
(02-27-2020, 11:45 PM)Ivefoundgod Wrote: Had an hour or so throw tonight with them while watching the PL and...I think they might be too grippy for me Sad

Struggle to propel them towards the board with the same throw as my other sets. I think its due to my grip, i'm a middle/rear gripper so my thumb is resting just where the v-stream grip meets the rings and i'm not able to propel the dart forward like normal. It seems to stick to my middle finger while my thumb and pointer lose traction at the ring grip section. Hard to describe to be honest.

If i grip it a little further forward I don't have that issue so much but i find it cramped and unnatural like that. 

Anyway I'll have another session this weekend but I had a quick throw with my Anderson P3s afterwards and it was much more natural for me.

I would imagine the V-Streams to be a nightmare dart for middle grippers, with the split grip. Probably not much better for rear grippers too. I really think they missed a trick in not extending that main front V-grip most, if not all the way down the barrel. I am a front gripper but I felt the V3 forced me into an extreme front grip, as if I gripped just a tiny but further back I felt I was over the split. The V-Streams could be outstanding with longer V-grip like on Carrera C4 & Lewis pixels.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Target Carerra V-Stream V2 BigCountry22 10 450 10-04-2019, 10:40 PM
Last Post: BigCountry22
  target carrera c17 anvilbreaker 4 523 03-03-2018, 04:52 PM
Last Post: anvilbreaker
  Question Carrera c17 Target EdgarEM 3 955 12-07-2017, 05:05 PM
Last Post: jeetmuck