Webcam darts equipment
Hi all.

I'm intrested in starting with webcam darts in order to try improving my game. I have some questions that I hope someone could answer for me.

* What webcam would you recommend?
* I'm thinking of placing the webcam on the wall to the right of the board just above the height of the bull. Do you think that will work?
* Any other equipment I need?
* Is it possible to use my tablet (android) or do I need a laptop?
* Any recommendations for sites where you can play webcam darts games?

Thanks in advance.  Smile

/ Petter

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Generally the recommendation is the camera should be about center with the bullseye or maybe just above as you said and off to one side of the board. The more care you put into this part of the setup the better. Of course you want a good camera as well, I have a Microsoft studio cam, virtually anything you buy now unless its cheap garbage from wish.com, if its a reputable brand it should be good enough. Make sure you get a good connection where you are setting up. Preferably not somewhere where you only get a single spotty bar of wifi or anything. You dont want it to be an area where its always loud either! You are going to have to be able to communicate with your opponent and they dont want to hear loud music or kids causing havoc, etc.

I've never tried an android tablet, I cant say if it would work or not. I guess in theory no reason the website shouldn't be able to use the camera built into that (otherwise you may need an adapter to plug in a webcam to it, if that will even work). Someone else here might have experience with that
For a camera the Logitech C270 does the job at a low cost. The websites are a bit clunky and for me works well on a laptop but nowhere else, give it a go and see if it works for you. Try webcam darts.com

You'll need a tripod or some sort of mounting arm for the webcam, bit otherwise that is is. Most people have the camera to the left of the board at or above bull height. Other positions are annoying to view to be honest.
The above suggestions are pretty comprehensive. I also use the Logitech C270 and have found it to work well.

One other thing is that most USB cables will have quite a short lead so you may need an extender depending on where you mount it and where the laptop is. I ended up getting the following active extender:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/UGREEN-Extensio...ers&sr=1-3

I tried a standard passive extension lead and the webcam didn't work but it works flawlessly with the active one I posted in the link.

I use webcamdarts.com and have found it to be an enjoyable experience.
The other name of the Logitech C270 is WebDartsCam. Smile

Here is my setup:

This is what the opponent sees:

Thank you very much for all your advices.
Ended up ordering a Logitech HD C525 webcam and an active USB extender today.
Now I need to find a solution for the wall mounting. Anyone know of a mounting arm that suits the C525?
(01-15-2020, 01:17 PM)680xx Wrote: Thank you very much for all your advices.
Ended up ordering a Logitech HD C525 webcam and an active USB extender today.
Now I need to find a solution for the wall mounting. Anyone know of a mounting arm that suits the C525?

Depending on what you've got near your board, one of these may work:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1pcs-Lazy-Mou...DacP_5HtOw

I use one and clip it onto a door near my board but I know others have clipped it onto their board's 360 lighting ring.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New darts equipment at Argos we want. sjmattitude1982 90 9,059 2 hours ago
Last Post: Bopsie
  How tough are you on your equipment ? CalixNL 27 873 11-24-2019, 05:01 PM
Last Post: Jefferz
  Webcam darts Noj 33 1,269 11-13-2019, 04:14 AM
Last Post: CalixNL
  Changing equipment T4cTiCs 3 239 05-23-2019, 11:27 PM
Last Post: T4cTiCs
  Webcam Issues for WDA Mighty apu 10 578 01-08-2019, 01:51 PM
Last Post: Mighty apu
  Help Donate Darts Equipment for Youth League/Clubs jarthurw 3 291 09-20-2018, 06:10 AM
Last Post: mc1958
  Do you carry extra or the bare minimum Dart equipment. Spencerdl 97 10,890 04-14-2018, 08:06 AM
Last Post: Spencerdl
  Webcam Darts lewlewlew1984 8 1,105 02-11-2018, 06:34 PM
Last Post: justin-tutboard
  Webcam darts peanutjimmy 5 1,041 12-10-2017, 04:11 PM
Last Post: Crusher17
  What webcam does everyone use for WDA and are you happy with it? Cankles of Fury 58 19,492 08-02-2017, 01:31 PM
Last Post: Gazzabnorthern