HELP lost my game and it's nowhere to be found
I started playing over 20 yrs. ago and about 10 yrs. into playing I was traveling to some bigger tournaments and was carrying a 70 to 80 PPT average. In 2010 I was in an automobile accident and lost the use of my left eye and although I am right eye dominant I lost all depth perception and played for a few more years but eventually gave it up in 2013. I started back a couple seasons ago in league just to get the feel back and I missed the game like crazy but the game is non existent and I'm getting my tail handed to me consistently by even beginners. It looks like a shotgun blast to the board after my release because they go everywhere and I know it will take time to get any sort of game back but I was reaching out for any advise from anybody out there that might have some pointers.
Hi JP the only thing i can suggest that may help  is you study a player if you've not already heard of him called Jamie caven
who lost the sight in one eye at a very early age may have some tips in his biography
The Way Eye See The Game - The Jamie Caven Story Kindle Edition
by David Kirby  (Author), Jamie Caven  (Author), Phil Taylor (Foreword)
kev
DARTS-Phase 5 purist/ Power 9fives Gen1 26g
SHAFTS-Target Power shaft gen 1 (intermediate) 
FLIGHTS-Target vision edge
BOARD-Winmau blade 5 dual core
BOARD-Winmau Diamond (for practice)
BOARD-unicorn eclipse HD trainer board (for a laugh)
SET UP-Wall mounted cabinet
HA'WAY THE TOON  Smile
Newcastle United Premier League survivors 2018-19 season
[Image: ZL8JXbT.png]
(01-07-2020, 07:38 PM)justin-tutboard Wrote: Hi JP the only thing i can suggest that may help  is you study a player if you've not already heard of him called Jamie caven
who lost the sight in one eye at a very early age may have some tips in his biography
kev
Thank you Justin, I will look in to that.
(01-07-2020, 07:38 PM)justin-tutboard Wrote: Hi JP the only thing i can suggest that may help  is you study a player if you've not already heard of him called Jamie caven
kev

This is a brilliant suggestion.  Even though I (luckily) still am sighted in both eyes I am going to give this one a read.  I am willing to bet there is some good sports psychology advice in there as well.  I'd heard of Jamie Caven but I never knew this about him.  Thanks again!  +1 rep Smile
Not sure you'll find what you're looking for in his book but it's an awesome suggestion and glad that Justin suggested it. +1 To him as well.
And I certainly wish you the best of luck getting your game back.