Indoor cycling
I know some of you ride the two wheeled beasts without engines. 

Do any of you use Zwift with indoor trainers?  I've been using it now for about a week and see people from all over the world and got to wondering if any of our Nutz family is into it and possibly hooking up, or at least following our workouts.
I Zwift every now and then to keep fit during the winter. When it's dry I also take my gravel bike out for a ride, but lately it has been too wet for my taste...
There's a lots of Zwift users on Strava. The racing sure looks like fun.
Just noticing the original post was a month ago...
Did you get on?

I have a Peloton, which for me has been a great alternative to running. But it's not racing like Zwift.

Surprising me that not many more of my dart buddies are doing this, but it is crossing over to another sport.

My girlfriend and I have been using this Zwift App for about a month now. It's an awesome way to beat the winter blues if you want to continue cycling and can't or will not go out in the crappy weather to ride. I'm putting a time frame on myself but, a decade back we used indoor trainers and it was frign' boring as hell and we could barely push through an hour.

I don't race all the time on Zwift but if you want to race every day there's somebody someplace in the world doing it. I found I can get a darn good workout doing the group rides or just riding the many courses that are offered, competing against my previous best time.

I'm pretty sure you can use a Peloton with the Zwift App paired to it.

I have to agree riding in the weather is more my thing as well, but when there is snow on the ground or raining down hard like it is today, Zwifting is a great alternative.............Then again, skiing could always be an option, or just stay indoors and shoot darts and we all know that's hard to top for entertainment.
I found Zwift to be a bit of a game changer. just ploughing away on an indoor bike was never much fun, but the social aspect of Zwift, and the ability to race and do specific training, all on one site, is fantastic.
(01-13-2020, 01:30 PM)NickB Wrote: I found Zwift to be a bit of a game changer. just ploughing away on an indoor bike was never much fun, but the social aspect of Zwift, and the ability to race and do specific training, all on one site, is fantastic.

I'm curious if many of your buddies are on Zwift in the UK? It used to be winter was a time to recover from a hectic racing schedule during the year. Now people are just changing it out and either doing more cycle cross or doing specific indoor trainer workouts.

I wish that I had access to these tools 20 years ago when I was crazy obsessed with road racing in the PNW USofA
(01-13-2020, 04:53 PM)SlingBlade Wrote:
(01-13-2020, 01:30 PM)NickB Wrote: I found Zwift to be a bit of a game changer.  just ploughing away on an indoor bike was never much fun, but the social aspect of Zwift, and the ability to race and do specific training, all on one site, is fantastic.

I'm curious if many of your buddies are on Zwift in the UK? It used to be winter was a time to recover from a hectic racing schedule during the year. Now people are just changing it out and either doing more cycle cross or doing specific indoor trainer workouts.

I wish that I had access to these tools 20 years ago when I was crazy obsessed with road racing in the PNW USofA

I have a few mates that are on it, but we all tend to use it for specific reasons, as opposed to meeting up for group rides.  Does mean that when we all go out at the start of the year there is less ring rust than in the past and you can really see those who have worked over the winter.

I've not been cycling that long, but as a training tool that can actually keep me engaged with what I am doing I find it so versatile its invaluable.  

Zwift really seems to have taken off in the US.  Large number of people taking part in the group rides I do are from the US. 

Its great to see so many people being healthy who may not have been in the past.  Hope you keep enjoying it, sounds like you've done some decent level racing!
Meh, Done with it though. LOL I have been around the PNW circuits and into the MidWest a bit. Now, I'm more casual, for the better I hope.
Ride on buddy. Look me up if you get out this way I show the roads I know best to you.
I am using the Sufferfest app. There are nice courses with tailored workouts that have footage of the famous tours in Europe. My dart board is in the same room. Nice surround sound setup attached to my PC. And, of course, a fan.
I've seen that APP and liked the graphics. We're kind of dialed into Zwift at the moment and the monthly fees associated with it. But I like the idea of doing some of the climbs that I'll never be able to ride. My board is in the same room. I usually warm up for the indoor trainer shooting at the board. hahaha
I need a new bike trainer for Zwift. I don’t have a watt meter. I use Strava with my watch and sync all activities. Unfortunately Strava doesn’t have a darts activity listed. :-)
Have you checked Ebay? Possibly a Tacx neo 2T. Some of the Wahoo trainers have been breaking belts.
I’ll check it out. Thanks