Happy or not..?
Just had our weekly team practice session. I’m not quite sure what to make of it as my scoring was all over the place but I ended up winning a doubles match, checking out all of our 3 winning legs. My throw is all over the place but today the doubles were good. This game drives me potty sometimes lol.....
Sometimes I just can’t throw straight, and that seems to be that!
Ring a bell with anyone?
I'm signed up for a pairs league and similar happens to us, but as long as we win then that's the main thing as far as we are concerned. You may not have scored well this week but managed to finish well, next week it may be the other way round with you scoring well and your partner finishing.
Not darts but I play pairs golf, can go like that sometimes where I feel like I play awful but certain parts of my game get the job done.
Fairly common in pairs I find.  The change in rhythm seems to be part of the problem for me.  You're only throwing 50% of your team darts in a leg, with a longish wait between innings.  Hard to put together a complete game, but I'll take good finishing every time as a fair outcome. Big Grin
Should always take the positives away from good finishing. It's always especially important in doubles games too I find.
I really struggle in teams games and I simply do not understand why. It's almost like I have no trust in my partner, even though he is more capable than I am. Perhaps it is the longer waiting time for a throw or simply a poor attitude on my behalf, but Doubles and Team Games(4 Players) are not my go Sad

I've been playing almost two years and this is really something that I need to correct Sad
Datadart Orion 25gms - Med Pro Grip Shafts - Ten X Flights

It’s why we all have a love hate relationship with this game!!!..... drives you mad but we love it
Thanks for you replies, seems that I’m not alone!! Good luck to everyone in their next league matches.
Could've used some of that luck this past week.  In the tie break leg of our last match, managed 137 to leave my partner 32 against throw.  Other team sitting on 117.  Their player walked up - and threw T20, S19, D19.  Game over.  My partner and I just shrugged and shook hands. Rolleyes

The unexpected is often the rule in pairs.  But tends to work out over time.  So don't let some scoring dry spells get you down. Smile
Still have no clue why! I can be right on my game and then just go to crap mid match, can't hit anything. But come back in an hour and "game on". Must be something in the water.
I would think that is a familiar scenario with a lot of Nutz.
Sometimes I’m the better scorer and my partner the better finisher and then it flips the following week!

Doubles is a funny thing, I generally play better if I have a weaker partner.
Almost as if I relax too much with a stronger player . Weird

Cheers
180’s
2018 - 0
2019 - 12

Iv’e been working on my accuracy. I’ve gone from 53.6% to 92.8% getting 3 darts in the foam ring around my Winmau !
(12-01-2019, 02:38 PM)nixer55 Wrote: Could've used some of that luck this past week.  In the tie break leg of our last match, managed 137 to leave my partner 32 against throw.  Other team sitting on 117.  Their player walked up - and threw T20, S19, D19.  Game over.  My partner and I just shrugged and shook hands. Rolleyes

The unexpected is often the rule in pairs.  But tends to work out over time.  So don't let some scoring dry spells get you down. Smile

Nice score on the 137!
T20 -20 - t19?

I’d really like to start utilizing alternate high trebles for scoring, in due time Smile