Poll: Underated
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Keith deller:underated?
Hi guys

Ive been watching some of Deller stuff recently & I know he's lives off that 138 but what  run he had

Qualified for wc, beats seeds 1-2-3 all former or current world champions - something never done before or since in 40+ years. And let's be honest 3 of the greatest ever in Bristow, Lowe mad wilson 

Gets the first 100 average on tv

Still a pdc Pro 24 years later and still capable of getting good results against the best

I know he didn't win another major but all en all a terrific career. 

We kinda call h a one hit wonder but what a hit, likely never to be repeated!
Darts: 21g Unicorn Taylor. Phase 1 cop
Stems: unicorn short
Flights: std 75mc
Board: Winmau Blade 5. 

Best 100 at 20 score: 115 (17/10/18)
Current ave: 95

Please follow my blog:

Blog: http://mydartinglife.blogspot.com

Sometimes that one hit can be a big one !!!
If you know what I'm doing, don't tell me ..... I find bliss in my confusion.   

Voted No

His WC win was the stuff of legend but apart from that he didn't really do much else (by elite player standards)

Darts: Harrows Glen Durrant Duzza Series 2 24g, short Harrows Supergrip shafts, Harrows flights (Marathon/Retina/Optix/Rapide) 

Best 501: 13 darts (League), 14 darts (Pro Darter)

Best Checkout: 154 (League), 160 (Pro Darter)
I voted no for the same reason as Banz - he was good for a while around 1983/4 but didn't really set the world alight too much after that.

Also, moved to the players of the past room as it's not really PDC news.
(11-21-2019, 03:50 AM)Banz Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
This pretty much sums Deller up, 83 was his peak in darts.
Hard to cast a vote, seems I was three years old at his peak Smile
B: 25g   S: Short   F: Shape   180s: 7/25
Well, he did win the British Professional in 1987 four years after he won the world title, which was a BDO major. Still I'd have to vote 'no' since he didn't really make an impact on the world of darts apart from his run at the '83 world championship. He's a great player that pacticipated for a long time, but I he has had the respect he deserved, which is enough.
Currently throwing: Harrows Wayne Mardle 24 grams

180's in 2018: 14 
180's in 2019: 6 (28-11-2019)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Young Keith Deller Getagrip 6 5,650 07-08-2013, 06:55 PM
Last Post: Getagrip