Tony David.
Used to like watching him play, I think he would have won a lot more had he not had his illness problems.

Don't know if he still plays today though. His run to the Lakeside title in 2002 was brilliant.
He played in, and won, an invitational tournament at the EKKA in 2017. He beat Ray Smith in the final.

It was organised by the league I play in (BNSDC).

Not sure if he throws at the moment though as I think he lives in Perth and I am in Brisbane.

Darts: Harrows Glen Durrant Duzza Series 2 24g, short Harrows Supergrip shafts, Harrows flights (Marathon/Retina/Optix/Rapide) 

Best 501: 13 darts (League), 14 darts (Pro Darter)

Best Checkout: 154 (League), 160 (Pro Darter)
His various Formula darts are still in most sport shops in Australia.
From the horses mouth so to speak - no he no longer plays:

"Took 8 yrs off recovering from Liver Transplant. Came back 2017 repped Western Australia. Told 2018 to stop playing as I have a degenerative disk in my neck pressing on spinal cord. Keep playing and Risk paralysis down right arm."

He has just posted on one of the BDO sites on facebook about the cricket - mainly because the Aussies are winning for a change lol - and he replied as above when someone asked if he was still playing.
(08-05-2019, 02:41 PM)mc1958 Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
That's a real shame as he was a great player. Used to like watching him play, he has had awful luck in the health department. Wish him all the best.
He popped up in the 'BDO fanatics' facebook group yesterday asking how the ashes was going Big Grin
Really must get back into cricket at some point in time. Tony David was back on the facebook groups again on Friday giving it large asking how the Ashes were going as the Aussies were cruising the latest test - bit sheepish now that Ben Stokes destroyed them today to level the series for England lol.

If he reads this - next time it may be better to wait until the end of the match before making any silly comments lol.
(08-05-2019, 02:41 PM)mc1958 Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
I had pretty much the same problem but had 2 disks removed.
Kevin a.k.a. "Sniper".  Moddarts

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tony Ridler - Wales Jonnieola 3 1,101 09-06-2015, 10:30 AM
Last Post: Getagrip