cleaning old and new darts
Do you think this would work on Target Daytona fire barrels?  There's a lot going on with the barrel, don't want to ruin them
Practice: 2019 - 180's x1, highest checkout 110
Games: 2019 - won 2 lost 11, 140's x0, 180's x0, highest checkout 54

Now using Target Daytona fire GT03 26g, hopefully can start winning!
(10-22-2019, 11:19 AM)Gary Thompson Wrote: Do you think this would work on Target Daytona fire barrels?  There's a lot going on with the barrel, don't want to ruin them

The old tooth brush with a bit of soap would do the trick as well. And surely no harm.
I realize this is over-kill, and darting is new to us, AND this may not continue forever, but CookinLady and I clean our darts at least once a week;

Turn on facet (warm water), wet dart and apply a good drop of Dawn dish washing liquid, scrub dart barrel real good with a tooth-brush, put under stream of warm water and rinse off soap whilst scrubbing dart barrel again with toothbrush, make sure to rinse all the soap off, towel dry entire dart (point, barrel, shaft, flights).

I believe if this periodic cleaning continued, that the dart barrel would never tarnish (oxidize).

(EDIT - perhaps I should read (at least the last post) some of the thread, if I had, I would have seen ElevenDarter dun said what I said and he said it eight hours ago - I shall now go hide in the corner -  Blush  - LOL!)
Lol - they do stay "new" looking with a regular clean.  And the drying and polishing with a lint free cloth gives them that bling.  I use a microfiber cloth.  It's the skin oils that tarnish / discolour a dart...
good

AND, right on time too -  Blush  -  rofl
Now I feel like a bit of a slob ..... I better go do some cleaning. Smile
If you know what I'm doing, don't tell me ..... I find bliss in my confusion.   

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cleaning dart points: An example case WhiskyPops 6 883 08-23-2016, 12:26 PM
Last Post: Walker