Does anyone remember / has anyone seen a discontinued range called "Blue Diamonds?"
Where I was stationed in England in the early nineties, the BX didn't sell darts, but the hobby shop sold this one line called Blue Diamonds. They sort of looked like Nodor Blue Jays, but the rings weren't painted, only the knurled sections were blue. The blue wore off pretty quickly, too.

A guy I was stationed with bought a set and liked them. I never bothered because they cost $40 and you could go down south to Chicksands or Alconbury and get Amerjacks or Unicorns for ten or twelve bucks. I got the sense that the Blue Diamonds were some other line which simply got a paint job and a bump upward in price. 

Well, he was my best American friend in England (still my best friend to this day) and he just e-mailed me out of the blue (pun accidental) asking if I knew where he could get a set. Turns out he still uses them when he's slumping with his primary set. 

Having recently learned how amazingly often the same darts are sold under different names, I was wondering if any of you are familiar with this line, which has apparently been discontinued. I'm hoping the same dart is sold under a different name (and hopefully without the paint), as this guy's birthday is coming up.

Thanks in advance for any answers.

May have been a generic model that has a few names depending on who sells them such as the stag greys Smile
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
(06-22-2016, 06:22 PM)Getagrip Wrote: May have been a generic model that has a few names depending on who sells them such as the stag greys Smile

Wow. I just looked those up, and while they're not the Blue Diamonds, I remember them from the 90s. They're painted blue and white now, but they were painted black and red back then. Three days in this forum and I've already taken a dozen walks down Memory Lane. Thanks  Smile

You should check this thread: https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=325

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(06-23-2016, 09:29 AM)Getagrip Wrote: You should check this thread: https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=325

Thanks, Getagrip. I actually found them just now on Nodor's website, my friend has the 26g version of the Nodor 900 series, just painted blue instead of black: https://www.nodor-darts.com/pages/21.htm

That grip between the two knurling rings is unmistakeable. 

So anyway, holy crap, how many companies sell Nodor's darts under a different name?

lots really, they often have generic models which they can sell to any retailer who will then give it their own name

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My thoughts on the Unicorn Latinum range MarcTH 3 287 04-19-2020, 12:03 PM
Last Post: MarcTH
  Trying to find a discontinued set of Unicorns for nostalgia's sake Berlin180 9 2,735 06-19-2016, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  PABST BLUE RIBBON BEER DARTBOARD dartbord 7 2,748 08-19-2014, 09:52 AM
  PABST BLUE RIBBON BEER DARTBOARD dartbord 1 2,384 12-04-2013, 12:36 PM