Trying to find a discontinued set of Unicorns for nostalgia's sake
I realize this is a ridiculous shot in the dark, but does anyone know of a vendor which does any business selling discontinued models or a site / company where people trade old / unwanted sets of darts? I'm looking for a 23g set of late 80's Unicorn T90s, the second from the top on the left side of the image below. Those are the first darts I ever owned, bought 26 years ago and stupidly given away when I replaced them with a different set 24 years ago. I've already been told by Unicorn that they haven't had these in stock for years.

This is honestly for nostalgia sake only, as my current darts of choice are nothing like these, so it's hardly crucial - it just falls under the "would be nice to have" category. Although I'm still a mediocre player after 26 years, I'm much more competent than I was when I owned these and I'd just like to see what it'd be like to throw them now.

Thanks in advance for any answers.

[Image: dbp23_3.jpg]

Ebay is the best place to keep looking really Smile
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
(06-19-2016, 05:44 PM)Getagrip Wrote: Ebay is the best place to keep looking really Smile

Thanks Getagrip. I have eBay alerts set up for the darts, but unfortunately all of them point to the new line of T90s, none of which are similar to my old set.   Sad

I don't think I have any, you can see most of what I have on flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart/

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

If only you had the dimensions it would be simple to have a set made, good luck with your search.
If you find a set on Ebay UK I'd be happy to buy them and post them on to you if that helps
[Image: GEpKdcf.png] 
Current Board 
ONE80 Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore  charcoal flights and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average
(06-19-2016, 05:58 PM)Getagrip Wrote: I don't think I have any, you can see most of what I have on flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart/

Holy (expletive deleted), how many sets do you have? I could kill two full lunch breaks looking at that collection. And here's an ignorant series of questions:

1.) How many sets would you say are in your "regular rotation?"

2.) Doesn't having so many sets throw you off (no pun intended)? My UK hosts were adamant in advising me to get used to either one set of darts or at least one TYPE of dart, which is why I gave away the Unicorns (I discovered I threw better with a slightly thicker dart and a shorter barrel).

3.) How many sets, if any, do you have just for collector's sake?

Based on what I've seen in your collection so far, the 23g Ian Whites look closest, but I think my T90 barrels were a bit longer and thinner.

(06-19-2016, 06:02 PM)ChrisTheFish Wrote: If only you had the dimensions it would be simple to have a set made, good luck with your search.
If you find a set on Ebay UK I'd be happy to buy them and post them on to you if that helps

I appreciate that and may take you up on it, thank you.

And your post just gave me an idea I should have thought of myself: writing to Unicorn and asking if they have the dimensions. I have no idea why that didn't occur to me - when they said they didn't have my old T90s in stock anymore, I just moved on. Thanks for the well-needed slap upside the head.  Smile

If they give you the dimensions there are plenty of companies the will "clone" them for you, fingers crossed but don't forget the original's were Nickel/Tungsten so they may not end up exactly the same due to the different density
[Image: GEpKdcf.png] 
Current Board 
ONE80 Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore  charcoal flights and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average
H'mmmm there was a shop here in the USA That has been around forever that deals in vintage dart sets,,,, trying to find the link on the net ,,,Smile
[Image: w3A1Oz5.gif]
(06-19-2016, 06:11 PM)Berlin180 Wrote:
(06-19-2016, 05:58 PM)Getagrip Wrote: I don't think I have any, you can see most of what I have on flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart/

Holy (expletive deleted), how many sets do you have? I could kill two full lunch breaks looking at that collection. And here's an ignorant series of questions:

1.) How many sets would you say are in your "regular rotation?"

2.) Doesn't having so many sets throw you off (no pun intended)? My UK hosts were adamant in advising me to get used to either one set of darts or at least one TYPE of dart, which is why I gave away the Unicorns (I discovered I threw better with a slightly thicker dart and a shorter barrel).

3.) How many sets, if any, do you have just for collector's sake?

Based on what I've seen in your collection so far, the 23g Ian Whites look closest, but I think my T90 barrels were a bit longer and thinner.

LOL I have a few sets Tongue

There is a few big collectors here, that's not my whole collection though there is lots I have not had time to put on there, I keep saying I will get round to it someday but I never do Smile

Yeah you should stick to one set really but I figure its something I enjoy doing and I don't ever expect to be a pro so I just keep doing what I enjoy. But if you plan to get serious then I really think its best to stick with one set for a good length of time.

I lost count of how many I have but its in the 100's at present but could be even in the 1000+ region.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  seen them before,but can't find them now notjimpike 0 668 02-26-2020, 06:49 PM
Last Post: notjimpike
  Old Unicorns found Curtis8976 9 573 08-09-2019, 03:31 PM
Last Post: Zero
  My find of Bristow Durro Knurled charliebates 13 2,264 06-01-2019, 03:27 PM
Last Post: mrbaker
  Mega Rare - News of World find. stuart180 60 15,708 03-12-2019, 01:22 AM
Last Post: Kevin Bell
  Does anyone remember / has anyone seen a discontinued range called "Blue Diamonds?" Berlin180 5 1,695 06-24-2016, 09:16 AM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Looking for hard to find set of darts Justin Fawcett 3 881 05-15-2016, 02:21 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  GREAT DARTBOARD FIND dartbord 6 2,365 12-23-2013, 03:18 PM
Last Post: gumbo2176