Unicorn Silver Comets
I bought a genuine set of these on ebay, and also a set of the replicas too. Both turned up today. I've had a quick play with the replicas tonight (probably won't throw the genuine ones in anger). I actually quite like them. They're a little lighter than I usually use and, despite the end cap on the shafts which is meant to prevent them to some degree, I found I was actually getting MORE deflections than usual because the flights themselves are much wider. They're also a little short so feel a bit different. But still feel pretty good and I enjoyed throwing them.

The knurled grip on the replicas is a little finer than on the originals (although I don't know how much variation the originals might have had), but other than that they seem a pretty authentic copy.

Nice set to have in a collection Smile
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
Nice darts the Comets, and as Darren says a nice set to have in your collection
Well I used them for about an hour last night and managed this, which isn't bad for me, so they can't be all that bad Smile

[Image: G9rnArv.jpg]

That's the replicas. I weighed them and the barrels areĀ about 21.5g and just over 24g with shafts and flights. The originals are only 21.5g WITH shafts and flights, so they'd probably be a bit too light for me. I'm not sure if there are different weights, but I haven't seen the replicas for saleĀ as anything other than "medium".
The original Silver Comets came in 3 weights - light (13g), medium (19g) and heavy (30g) - whereas the Heritage replicas only come in medium - I'm guessing the 2g difference is down to modern metals being used.

You can get replacements for the replica stems and flights if needed, but if you wanted to you could actually use your normal nylon stems and flights in them as they are 2BA thread.
nice throwing Smile
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rare Old Solid Silver Darts stuart180 18 5,805 08-01-2020, 04:57 PM
Last Post: mc1958
  unicorn silver comets PAULCFC 3 180 07-31-2020, 04:51 PM
Last Post: Spangle