Jack Hood Nu Darts
Got these a while ago and cost a fair whack!

Only set I have seen and even Patrick Chaplin had not heard of these so must be quite rare indeed Smile

Noses of the barrels are a little damaged and I dare not throw them to test how well the weird flights work Smile

[Image: nudarts1_zpsnauo38s4.jpg]

[Image: nudarts2_zpskz9uscye.jpg]

[Image: nudarts3_zpsrby1dffm.jpg]

[Image: nudarts4_zpsnd5wfrye.jpg]

[Image: nudarts5_zpskk9dihlo.jpg]
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
they look more like something for fly fishing to me. amazing find. are they made from wood or something else?
Darts: Modified 22g Legend Darts Eric Bristow Natural 
Shafts: Short RD Nitrotech 
Flights: Mission Logo 100

[Image: op13lZ6.png]
Very nice
Wow..! That Flight system is rather extraordinary. You have the Original Inlay, Bonafide Classics there mate. There really was so much innovation back then.

P.S I showed my Dad the thread I put up about his Arrows, he was well pleased. I also showed him your Collection of Vintage Darts to say he was fascinated is an Understatement.
(08-24-2015, 12:35 PM)rich345 Wrote: they look more like something for fly fishing to me. amazing find. are they made from wood or something else?

Not sure, it may be a kind of plastic I think.

(08-24-2015, 12:36 PM)mc1958 Wrote: Very nice

Cheers Mike! Smile

(08-24-2015, 01:03 PM)ReggaeDarts Wrote: Wow..! That Flight system is rather extraordinary. You have the Original Inlay, Bonafide Classics there mate. There really was so much innovation back then.

P.S I showed my Dad the thread I put up about his Arrows, he was well pleased. I also showed him your Collection of Vintage Darts to say he was fascinated is an Understatement.

Yeah there was a lot of ideas in the past and a lot have been sort of re-worked over the years.

I have a lot of darts I need to add to my FlickR album such as these ones, just never seem to have the time these days Smile

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Great find Darren. I'm always cruising the old shops looking for things like just this. I bet the darts never looked so good in any add as they do in your photos
(08-24-2015, 01:47 PM)SlingBlade Wrote: Great find Darren. I'm always cruising the old shops looking for things like just this. I bet the darts never looked so good in any add as they do in your photos

Thanks Tom, yeah I bet they never lol but then they are probably from the 1940's or thereabouts

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Here is a scan of the leaflet:

[Image: 1JxYMrB.jpg]

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

very nice indeed! And gooo oooon! throw one lol

I think you should start doing reviews for vintage darts! put them through the same process as modern darts! That would be interesting for sure...
[Image: fXeMWagh.png]
(08-24-2015, 05:13 PM)JayKay Wrote: very nice indeed! And gooo oooon! throw one lol

I think you should start doing reviews for vintage darts! put them through the same process as modern darts! That would be interesting for sure...

I plan to, but wont be the same sort of review more just to show them off Smile

Just give them a quick throw and hit this, they are ok I guess:

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Yes... Jay Kay.. what a Neat Idea...
Considering the age...Bakelite as opposed to Plastic. Bakelite was pretty but not especially durable. I think it may have been flammable as well...Have fun!!! :-)
I think it is Bakelite actually

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

I think it would be interesting to see the weights and dimensions and also your grip level lol. And best feature!

Lovely 180, I'm sure you threw them too >D

I think though these look great and that green is awesome looking
[Image: fXeMWagh.png]
Awesome darts, Daz, i remember them going for some big bucks but definitely a good investment as I've never seen another set.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jack Hood Darts Getagrip 9 3,485 12-03-2017, 02:45 PM
Last Post: O C
  Union Jack Re-seal flights tfarnell1997 12 2,345 02-18-2017, 08:30 AM
Last Post: mc1958
  Jack Hood darts mc1958 13 5,676 06-16-2016, 08:36 AM
Last Post: cableg
  My first Robin Hood with a vintage set Yikes! Getagrip 3 1,806 07-21-2013, 02:13 PM
Last Post: *Saber*