Unkown Darts. My Father's Customized 50+ year old Darts.
Hallo. My Father showed me his Old Darts the other Day, he dug 'em out of from where they've been stashed.

These Darts have a story of such, they've been around the world, they've been Customized and probably seen a Punch up or Two along the way knowing my Father.

My Father was a Merchant Seaman from when he was Hard-Collared into it by my Grand-father back in 1960 at the age of 16, my Father was a bit of a Toe-rag as a lad. He spent a few years at Sea, then in 1965 at the Age of 21 he decided to become a 10 Pound Pom and emigrate to Australia.

My Father need some Darts to take with him, so the ones I'm about to show you he Stole from his Local Pub; The Queen's Head in Charing. ( Charing is a Village in Kent, a County in South-east England. My Fathers family moved there in the late 40's from Charlton, South-east London after the War ). These Arrows according to my Dad were the Bar Darts in the Pub, he needed a Set, so he Half-Inched these. He spent 2 years in Australia before returning to Sea with the Merchant Navy.

They started life as Brass Barrels. In the Late 70's after my dad left the Merchant Navy and he was living in Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire... he got them Silver Plated at a place he was working at the time.

Here's what they looked like when he presented them to me...
[Image: DSCF1517_zpsk6c5k4yq.jpg]" border="0" alt="resim" onload="NcodeImageResizer.createOn(this);" />

Here's what they look like after applying some Silvo...
[Image: DSCF1524_zpsmxsuctke.jpg]" border="0" alt="resim" onload="NcodeImageResizer.createOn(this);" />

Here's the case he had them in. It's Battered, with some repair work done. My Father says this case is not the Original Case, so the Unicorn inlay does not represent the Manufacturer of the Darts in the Pictures...
[Image: DSCF1518_zpskqehvlgl.jpg]" border="0" alt="resim" onload="NcodeImageResizer.createOn(this);" />

Spec: 55mm Length, 23g Weight, 9mm Diameter. They are drilled out by 18mm. The Shaft thread is not 2ba, it's Larger so more than likely 1/4".

These are a complete mystery Dart, My Dad acquired them in '65, so that makes them at minimum 50 years old, do their origins go back beyond 1960 in to the 50's... I don't know. I find them fascinating, their journey from the Queens Head in Charing, to this Forum even more so.

Cheers.
Very cool!

Lovely mate.
awesome darts and awesome story bud. thank you for sharing!
TITAN
Darts: Target Carrera C4 22g Black
High Out: 158 (T20-T20-D19)
2019 180s: 90
Great story behind those special darts - they look brilliant all cleaned up there.

Unfortunately I have no idea of their ID but hopefully someone here will be able to help out.
[Image: Adyds3t.jpg]
Great history on your darts. Thanks for sharing the before and after shots
No idea what they are, but very nice darts, and also a great story behind them
Love the story behind your Father and the darts, RD! Smile
I don't think there is anything 'natural' about throwing darts. A person does not naturally stand sideways, with weight more on one leg, lean forward and swing to launch a projectile repeatedly, day in, day out as part of daily routine. One does not even throw a rock or ball that way.    ~ With darts, everything has to be learnt, and refined.  Wink

What is NATURAL? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and trying to learn! So I can fool around with loads of set-ups and techniques! Lol! Big Grin
Such a great story. And the darts look great cleaned up Smile
That's a great story! Make sure you keep them and they look great after the clean up but I don't know what they are.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
Glad you appreciate them. I'm not too bothered about the Marque of them.

I have now designated these as the Family Heir-loom. They won't be going no-where, and now have a place on my Dart stand besides my Part collection and my Raptor 95's.

I find it rather apt that one of the only things my Father has left from his wild wandering Days of yore...are a set of Darts. Quality.
I want to hear more stories of your Dads dodgy past lol! Smile
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
Mate, he's got more stories than Uncle Albert. Most of 'em filled with tales that'll make the most Grizzliest of Men go Pale.

The 2 years he Spent in Oz he was in the Outback working on the Cattle Ranches, and he lived with the Indigenous Peoples for a while in Arnhem Land.

He was a Wanderer in the true sense of the word, going from Ship to Ship, working from Port to Port never touching English soil for months and years at a time... He finally laid his hat when he met my Mum in '78, and I come along... I still don't think he's over it.
It is a possibility that you may not be able to identify your darts, at that period of the 20th century the UK still had an active manufacturing industry, & there were hundreds if not thousands of one man & small company's producing machine parts so a possibility is a customer of the pub produced several sets of darts in exchange for his drinks. Several guys I've worked with in machine shops have produced darts in their spare time for cash or barter. So I'd guess they would be classed/listed as custom darts.Look to be above the average quality for pub loan darts in that time frame
Customized as you say, so they are one of a kind! They are and will be known as your dad's signature darts.