From---1974

Oh how times have changed!
Love those clips Smile
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
Thanks for sharing them, year I was born - gonna have a good look at them later when sprogs having their dinner - cheers Smile
[Image: Adyds3t.jpg]
Those outs tho....

20's with 119 left and 16's with 80 left. :s

Looks like the one dude was playing with white Cosmo flights lol
[Image: DSC04254.JPG]

[Image: DSC04257.JPG]
Wow!!! awesome Kam!!!!
(05-23-2015, 10:03 AM)REBEL Wrote: Thanks for sharing them, year I was born - gonna have a good look at them later when sprogs having their dinner - cheers Smile

You are just a kid....LolBig Grin
Nice, enjoyed that! Thanks!
[Image: bIcnxOK.png]
Seeing the darts at this time in the past is eye opening to say the least. The choice of out shots is incredibly stupid by todays standards. Then the scoring power is pretty dismal when compared to what the pros are doing today. These guys couldn't play in most top league darts teams with their averages.

Scary to think what people are going to think of MVG, Ando, Barney and Taylor over 40 years from now. Can darts really progress that much in that time?????
(05-24-2015, 04:47 AM)gumbo2176 Wrote: Seeing the darts at this time in the past is eye opening to say the least. The choice of out shots is incredibly stupid by todays standards.

Yeah, I was fairly surprised to see people that made it all the way to a quarter final not know their outs. Going 20's with 119 left or even going 20's with 64 left. Just goes to show you how advanced the game is now.
Thing is with this Tourney, it was only best of 3. So anything could happen, and any Average Middling Player with a a bit of determination and Lady Luck looking over him.... could make it to the Finals, and possibly win it, which of course happened.

If you look though at the Winners of the NotW during the 80's though, you'll see a plethora of Big names with the Winners title. As Darts became professional, and players could devote all their time to it, they started to dominate the NotW.
This is 1976, still best of 3...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTW - World Darts Championship 1974 - Semi Final & Final Swiiiitch 1 726 03-28-2017, 12:49 PM
Last Post: mc1958