Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rate my throw - Video
Not the best of angles but this is me throwing 9 darts. I quite often get complimented on my throw 'looking nice' but that doesn't mean much when the darn things don't go where I want them to! 

I've been playing fairly regularly for 8-9 months now, and just into my 3rd day of flight school A1, liking it so far. 

Any observations good or bad are very very welcome. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fw96q-g5LQA
I used to play darts with my Gran, and now I'm here. 
Paul from what I saw I like your throw. I personally like to throw me arrow from my eye not along my cheek but that is personal preference Big Grin
[Image: 2e2gdae.jpg]
It is nice throw , but your chin looks low
180-8(29)

[Image: 29289636496_c8ebf59f1e_t.jpg]
[Image: b409df5c-8df9-4d5e-8338-33e732beb031_zps6vjbnult.jpg]
(01-11-2017, 09:31 PM)Troll Wrote: It is nice throw , but your chin looks low

Thanks, I'll have an experiment with my chin positioning - there's so many bloody things to think about!
Pretty good throw. You can improve a bit by raising your elbow a little more and a little earlier. You could also start with a little less angle in your wrist. 

Orange is the corrected movement line. You can see that it's more parallel with the green line, which is the tangent at the start of the dart's path once released.

[Image: qY6h67u.jpg]

Keep in mind tho that your throw mostly affect your vertical accuracy, meaning shooting not too high and not too low. If you want to increase your horizontal accuracy, meaning shooting not too far left or not too far right, you need to stabilize your arm by building shoulder muscles.
Good points by Microtom, I don't think your throw is too bad at all, just may be needs a little tweaking.
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
(01-12-2017, 12:02 AM)Microtom Wrote: Pretty good throw. You can improve a bit by raising your elbow a little more and a little earlier. You could also start with a little less angle in your wrist. 

Orange is the corrected movement line. You can see that it's more parallel with the green line, which is the tangent at the start of the dart's path once released.

[Image: qY6h67u.jpg]

Keep in mind tho that your throw mostly affect your vertical accuracy, meaning shooting not too high and not too low. If you want to increase your horizontal accuracy, meaning shooting not too far left or not too far right, you need to stabilize your arm by building shoulder muscles.
Wow thanks for such an in depth reply! Much appreciated, I'll definitely take it all on board.

At the moment my throw lacks accuracy but with practising A1 flight school I've been concentrating on action rather than accuracy. I often know what the problem was if I make a mistake now.

Sent from my NEM-L51 using Tapatalk
(01-12-2017, 05:02 PM)Getagrip Wrote: Good points by Microtom, I don't think your throw is too bad at all, just may be needs a little tweaking.
Thanks, it's not my completely natural throw, I'm trying to follow through more, whereas before I would have a shorter action.
It feels great when it goes where I want and having spent time practising the A1 exercise I'm definitely aware of hitting more trebs than before. Just need to get it consistent.

Thanks also for all your reviews, I'll definitely be heeding your videos advice when picking my next darts. Any darts for a rear gripper that stand out?

Sent from my NEM-L51 using Tapatalk
Ah, I think your much like me then, I have kind of built my throw from scratch and I probably was and may be still am a little doing the same thing as you, just the past few weeks though I have tried imaging that parabolic curve to the target and trying to throw the dart along that imaginary line, I think its starting to help, the other day I threw 5 darts that I felt were the most perfect I had thrown in a long time, first 2 in T20 but third just in the T1 but very next dart straight in the middle of T20 followed by another along side it, next dart went a bit astray into big 5 though lol, but I have been getting a lot in the T20 of late and I can feel something changing in my throw for the better, hope it continues before I have the next mini bout of dartitis!

I was trying some darts last week and actually throwing them with a rear grip, I was surprised at how well they were flying, I played about 20 mins or so using a rear grip and they were really good, only problem was my hand was aching a lot where I broke it after I stopped playing, was achy for a couple more days so I wont be trying it again, I try a little in my reviews to try and get some idea of how they may suit various grips but ultimately like many darts you wont know until you try them and we all throw uniquely enough that its a bit difficult to recommend a set to others, the ones I was using were the Red Dragon Krzysztof Wojciechowski but I don't think they sell them anymore.

You can always check what other rear grippers are using here: http://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=20089
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Tongue Rate my action Alec 5 113 09-19-2017, 09:06 AM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Can you check my Throw- Video analysis Zac619 7 351 08-15-2017, 04:47 AM
Last Post: AProsview
  My darts throw video warhorse11 13 657 04-10-2017, 10:52 PM
Last Post: warhorse11